Advanced Technology Meets Beautiful Aesthetics
If you currently suffer from damaged, decayed, or missing teeth, Dr. Robson can help. A dental implant is a go-to solution for patients who need restorative dentistry. It can transform their smiles into a version they love because it looks, feels, and functions like your natural teeth.
At Robson Family Dental, restoring the stability of your smile is only one of the advantages of a dental implant. On this page, you’ll learn how its benefits can revitalize your confidence and allow you to eat, drink, and socialize without worry.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an outstanding approach for replacing a gap in your smile. It will give you your life back, letting you eat, laugh, socialize, kiss, and enjoy any other activity without the fear of embarrassment.
Dr. Robson’s implants are composed of three pieces—the fixture, the abutment, and the crown. The fixture is made from a biocompatible titanium alloy, so your jawbone will accept it and begin to grow around it.
The only portion of the implant that your friends will see is the crown. At Robson Family Dental, we make our crowns from beautiful, tooth-colored porcelain. Porcelain is a durable material that’s durable enough to withstand the bite forces that your jaw produces. Dr. Robson will use a guide to find the exact shade of your natural teeth so that he can match the crown with your smile.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
While dental implants are a proven solution for tooth loss, Dr. Robson understands that people might be turned off by the idea of surgically placing a prosthetic tooth in their mouth. Before anyone draws conclusions, there are various benefits that dental implants offer, including ones that rely on its placement in the jawbone:
- Look and feel natural: At Robson Family Dental, we work hard to ensure that your dental implant restoration looks identical to your natural teeth. It blends into your smile because Dr. Robson uses a shade guide to find the perfect match.
- Durability: Since dental implants are embedded directly into the jawbone, they’re incredibly stable and able to withstand almost the bite forces as you chew any of your favorite foods.
- Healthy: When you suffer from tooth loss, it hurts your body too. Your risk for developing gum disease skyrockets and the bone in the area of your jaw where the tooth is missing will deteriorate. Since dental implants are secured in your jawbone, it will act as the root of your natural teeth, encouraging healthy jawbone growth.
- Reliability: Dental implants have a long life span. With proper care, your dental implant has the potential to last a lifetime, surpassing the lifespans of dentures or dental bridges by a longshot.
- Improved speech: Your teeth play an integral part in your speech. So if you’re missing teeth, social interactions might be embarrassing. By restoring your smile with dental implants, you can return to your natural speech patterns.
- Improved bite strength: With missing teeth, it can be challenging to eat your favorite foods, such as crunchy snacks, tough meats, and more. Dr. Robson secures the implant in your smile, eliminating all dietary restrictions.
- No change in diet: Patients with removable dentures often need to change the preparation of their food to keep from damaging their dental appliance. With dental implants, you don’t need to worry about that.
Contact Dr. Robson in Grand Rapids, MI
If dental implants sound like the ideal solution for your smile, we recommend reaching out to our Grand Rapids practice. A member of our delightful staff will greet you and answer any questions you have—they can also schedule your consultation with Dr. Robson. During this time, he’ll discuss your medical and dental history and what you hope to gain from treatment.
Ultimately, our entire team at Robson Family Dental wants to give you a smile that you’ll be proud to show your friends and family. Dental implants will change your life, call 616-942-9595 today.
Dental implants are the best choice for smile restoration. At Robson Family Dental, we believe that every patient with missing teeth deserves a strong smile. Visit our Grand Rapids implant dentist today or give us a call for a consultation, so that you can see for yourself why dental implants may be the best option for your tooth loss.