Dental implants are the top recommendation from most dentists. They not only restore your tooth but offer root replacement. This complete anatomy prosthetic guards against oral health complications like tooth migration, and dental implants in Grand Rapids, MI, also help prevent bone loss in the jaw.
Dental Implant Purpose
Dental implants are for people looking for a long-term, hassle-free tooth replacement. You don’t have to worry about shifting teeth, bite issues, relines, or adhesives with implants. Instead, you simply brush, floss, and go!
Because dental implants can last for life and require no maintenance, many patients find them cost-effective long-term.
Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants—or restoration tooth roots—are surgically placed by your dentist after the area anesthesia.
Over the next few months, the implant integrates into your jawbone, creating a solid foundation for your replacement tooth, also called a dental crown.
Talk to us about implant-supported prosthetics if you have several missing teeth or complete tooth loss.
Dental Implants Aftercare
Treat your implants like natural teeth:
- Brush and floss at least twice daily or after every meal.
- Visit your dentist every six months for checkups and teeth cleanings.
- Don’t bite on metal, pens, ice, or similar objects.
- Talk to your dentist if you suspect bruxism (teeth clenching at night).
- Wear the proper mouthguard when indulging in rough or ball-oriented sports.
- Talk to your dentist if you experience oral health changes between checkups.
These are the same tips we give patients who don’t have dental implants!
Looking for the Best Dentist in Grand Rapids, MI?
We invite you to contact our dental office to arrange an implant consultation with a top-area dentist. Also, reach out if you have any questions for our team.
We look forward to helping you restore your smile and answering any questions you might have.
We proudly serve all areas, including Cascade, Ada, Kentwood, and Forest Hills, MI.