Dental crowns are an excellent option for restoring a tooth with extensive decay or a fracture beyond what a filling can repair. This restoration tends to last for around seven to twelve years with an excellent brushing and flossing routine and regular checkups with Dr. Robson.
Your implant dentist in Grand Rapids may also use a dental crown as a restoration for a single-tooth dental implant, as well as for these situations:
- A severely fractured tooth
- An oddly shaped tooth
- To strengthen a tooth after root canal treatment
- To replace an old, large filling that's broken down
Unless you're getting an implant, the process for completing a dental crown is straightforward and as follows:
- At the first appointment, Dr. Robson prepares your tooth for restoration and creates temporary versions for you to wear.
- We send impressions of your tooth to a dental lab that handcrafts your new crown over the next few weeks.
- When the final crown is ready, you return to Robson Family Dental to have your permanent crown placed.
- Now you're ready to eat and chew with your new tooth and share your smile with the world!
If you're looking for the best dentist in Grand Rapids, MI, to restore your smile, contact Robson Famly Dental at (616) 942-9595.